Summer Workshops Accommodation Options
This information was current for summer 2013. Please check back in spring 2014 for updates.
On-campus Residence Hall Accommodations
Other (Off-campus) Accommodations
In the past, most workshop participants have chosen to stay at MSU's Owen Graduate Center. All housing arrangements for Owen must be made through the CLEAR office. Other participants may prefer to make their own arrangements and stay at other accommodations near MSU's campus.
Owen Graduate Center (on MSU campus)
This is a student residence hall. Reservations for workshop participants must be made through the CLEAR office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 517.432.2286 no later than June 28, 2013.
- Daily rate (per person) single occupancy: $35 per night (plus 6% sales tax)
- Check in: 3:00pm, Check out: 11:00am
- Participants will pay Owen Graduate Center directly (not CLEAR).
- Payment by credit card is preferred upon check-in at Owen.
- Please inform Owen Graduate Center of any dietary restrictions or medical needs when checking in
- Lodging rates do not include a meal allowance. A la carte meals are available at the Riverwalk Market Cafe in Owen Graduate Center (open 7:30am-6:30pm during the summer) or at the Gallery at Snyder-Phillips Hall (open 7:00am-10:00pm during summer). Meal prices at the Gallery are: $5.50 for breakfast, $8.75 for lunch, and $8.75 for dinner, plus tax. Meal prices at Owen equate to approximately the same amount as the Gallery. Snyder-Phillips is located a short distance from Owen, on the North side of the river on Bogue Street. Dining facilities are also available in the International Center next to Wells Hall, in the Student Union, and on Grand River Avenue in downtown East Lansing.
Basic Facts for Owen Rooms
- Room Sizeapproximately 11'9 x 8'6, single occupancy; double occupancy is double the size
- Furnituretwin bed, desk, chair, and dresser
- Bathroomssuites, two rooms connected by a shared bathroom
- Linenssheets and towels, pillow and blanket are provided
- Air ConditioningNOT provided (may want to bring a fan if possible)
- Phonesfree local calls in rooms (phone line activated, bring your own phone)
- Ethernet Connectionsavailable via the campus system (bring your own cable)
- Wi- fiavailable in lobbies, lounges and dining area
- Smoke-FreeAll rooms are smoke-free.
- Barrier-FreeBarrier-free upon request.
- Onsite Facilitieslaundry room, game and TV room, ATM
For more information on Residential and Hospitality Services at MSU check http://rhs.msu.edu
Some hotels offer an MSU rate. When making your reservations, be sure to ask for any MSU applicable discounts. The prices listed above are subject to change depending on weekdays vs. weekends, special events, etc.
Harrison Road on MSU's campus
55 South Harrison Road
Fax: (517) 353-1872
$128/night + tax (includes parking)
(approximately a 20 minute walk to Wells Hall)
3615 Dunckel Road, Lansing
Fax: (517) 332-1459
$49.99/night + tax (Sun-Thurs), $69.00/night + tax (Fri-Sat)
Rates are subject to change without notice. Groups of 10 or more should speak with the groups department at 800.874.9000
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM EST.
(approximately 5 miles south of campus on CATA bus
3545 Forest Road, East Lansing
Fax: (517) 351-8101
Discount Rate: $94 + tax (studio); $114/night + tax (1 bedroom suite) (Regularly $124 per night)
(approximately 3 miles south of campus)
2187 University Park Drive, Okemos
Weekdays: $79 to $88/night; Weekends $87/night
Ask for MSU rate (20% off) when making reservation.
300 M.A.C. Avenue (downtown East Lansing)
$159+/night + tax (MSU or Big 10 discount rate) + parking
(approximately a 10 minute walk to Wells Hall)
1600 East Grand River Avenue, East Lansing
Regular Rate: $99/night + tax (studio); $139/night + tax (penthouse)
Ask for the MSU rate when making reservations
(approximately one block east of campus)
Ask for MSU rate when making reservation.
2209 University Park Drive, Okemos
Fax: (517) 381-7301
$89/night + tax Be sure to mention the MSU rate!
111 N. Grand Avenue, Lansing
or (888) 201-1718 for reservations
Fax: (517) 487-6646
$189.95/night + tax(Sun-Thurs), $149.95/night + tax(Fri-Sat)
(Four miles west of campus, on direct public bus route
2710 Lake Lansing Road, Lansing
Fax: (517) 482-0557
July 22: $179+/night + tax
July 23: $189+/night + tax
* rates vary from weekday to weekend
(approximately 5 miles north of campus)
CLEAR encourages all workshop participants to make their reservations early due to special events.